At Christel House, we help children living in some of the bleakest of conditions globally, to escape the poverty trap. Our schools, give free education and holistic support to children from kindergarten to graduation and beyond. In South Africa, where youth unemployment is currently at a staggering 51%, 98% of Christel House Cape Town’s students reach graduation and either continue to higher education or become gainfully employed. It is through this priceless resource, a good education, that Christel House children can have big dreams, and aspire to a brighter future that would otherwise be out of their reach.
Samkelo, our featured ‘spaceman’, is just one of the children we are helping. Samkelo lives in a township in Cape Town with his family. He attends a Christel House school, and has ambitious plans for when he graduates. And there is no reason he can’t succeed!
To help raise the funds needed to put Samkelo and other children like him through school at Christel House, and well on the path to success, we’ve put on a special competition we hope you will join - ‘Help Make a Dream Come True, Mission Possible’.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- To take part in the competition, all you need to do is guess what Samkelo aspires to being when he’s older and has graduated.
- When submitting your entry, there is an entry fee (donation) of £5.00.
- All winning entries will be entered into a prize draw, to take place on 21st December. The winner will receive a holiday accommodation voucher for a week in Tenerife.
HOW TO ENTER
- Simply donate £5.00 through Virgin Money.*
- In the ‘Leave a Message’ box, tell us what you think Samkelo’s dream career/job is, and please include your email address at the end (one guess, per £5.00 entry).
- Please also remember to ‘Leave your name’.
You can make as many guesses as you like, simply increase your donation by £5.00 for each additional guess.
WHAT YOUR DONATION COULD HELP PROVIDE:
- £40 would provide a child with a Christel House uniform for a year
- £325 would provide a child with essential nutrition - breakfast, lunch and a snack every day for a year
- £550 would provide 100 children with healthcare for a month
Thanks for helping us make the dreams of Samkelo and other Christel House students come true – and Good Luck with the Prize Draw!
*100% of funds received as donations go to the students of Christel House India and Christel House South Africa, and not towards overheads or fundraising costs. If you wish to support a particular school, please add a comment with your entry. To enter the competition and make your donation/entry fee, please visit: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1010754&stop_mobi=yes Thank you!