Grade RR applications for 2023 are closed. Backfill applications for Grades 2-12 will open again in the new school year in line with available spaces. Please check back after the festive season.
Please read the terms & conditions below
- Incorrect/missing information website applications will not be processed
- Submitting an application to Christel House does not guarantee placement for your child. We only have a limited number of spaces available per year.
- Please ensure that you apply to and accept placements from other schools for your child. If your child is accepted into Christel House, a staff member will inform you telephonically.
- Christel House South Africa reserves the right to disqualify an application at any time during the admissions process should the application not meet the admissions criteria.
- All documentation requested has to accompany each application.
- Priority will be given to siblings of current Christel House families.
Only applicants who meet all of our non-negotiable qualifying criteria mentioned below will be considered:
- For 2024 applications for Grade RR, the child must be born in 2019 (child must turn 5 in 2024)
- Grades 2-12 (Grade R and Grade 1 already full): Your child must achieve a code 6 or 7 in Maths, English and Afrikaans/ isiXhosa (the most recent report of the applicant is required).
PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting applications for Grade R and 1 as we do not usually have space available in these grades. Our Grade RRs & Rs who pass, automatically fill the Grade R & 1 class for the next year. We will however advertise spaces for these grades if they become available.
- Financial Need: Your family must be able to prove financial need: Your average household income must be R1500 or less per person, per month. To calculate this: Count the total income (salaries, social grants, similar support, etc.) your household receives per month (e.g. R5000 in total). Divide this amount by the number of people staying in your house (e.g. 5 people) to get the average income per person. For example: R5000 divided by 5 = R1000 per person, per month.
- Location: Your family must be a permanent residents in one of the following areas: Hanover Park / Manenberg / Tambo Square / Jim se Bos / Philippi Browns Farm (only as far as Stock Road) / Philippi Farms / Smallville / Springfield / Phumlani / Lotus River / Strandfontein / Pelican Park / Lansdowne / Parkwood / Langa / Athlone: Kewtown / Bridgetown / Silvertown / Belgravia / Parktown / Pook Se Bos / Statishights / Bokmakierie / Ottery / Freedom Park / Mitchell’s Plain (Eastridge, Beacon Valley & Lentegeur only)
PLEASE NOTE: High School applicants who live close and around the above-listed areas will be considered. Christel House Admissions Criteria applies.
Please note: If you do not meet ALL of our non-negotiable qualifying criteria listed above, your application will not be processed.
For more information, please contact our Admissions Office on 067 035 6608 (WhatsApp) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 704 9429.
We don't just educate, feed, provide healthcare or help your child into a great career - we do all these things.